Some notes to self will add more after time if needed.

Mac M1

Had a MySQL error:

ERROR: no matching manifest for linux/arm64/v8 in the manifest list entries

All I had to do was update docker-composer.yml:

File: docker-compose.yml
24:     mysql:
25:         image: 'mysql:8.0'
26:         ports:
27:             - '${FORWARD_DB_PORT:-3306}:3306'

To:

  mysql:
    image: mariadb:10.5.8
    ports:
      - "${FORWARD_DB_PORT:-3306}:3306"

Then I disabled meilisearch else everytime I ran sail anything it would stop the docker container.

File: docker-compose.yml
50:   #   meilisearch:
51:   #     image: "getmeili/meilisearch:latest"
52:   #     ports:
53:   #       - "${FORWARD_MEILISEARCH_PORT:-7700}:7700"
54:   #     volumes:
55:   #       - "sailmeilisearch:/data.ms"
56:   #     networks:
57:   #       - sail

I will have to come back to this one to fix it some info is here

Xdebug

The article is a great start here

But a couple of things I think need to be made more clear or might even be an error:

Set the SAIL_DEBUG=true not SAILDEBUG=true

When running the build do:

❯ sail build --no-cache --build-arg XDEBUG=true

To pass the args. And as he notes run sail php -v after sail is running to make sure you do not see any errors and xdebug is working.